It’s vital that when you decide to work with an accounting professional that you have a level of comfort. It’s not just about their technical capabilities, but also in their ability to work with you. Can they provide you with the guidance and help you require?
This week Moneysmart had an article that I thought I’d share with you. When you are shopping around, whether it be for your first accountant or bookkeeper, or to replace an existing relationship there are some points to consider. Whilst this article refers to “accountant” in the terminology, there are aspects of the work that could just as easily be carried out by another accounting professional such as a Registered BAS Agent. You may prefer to split the work between the two and draw on the expertise of both in their respective fields
Some key points to consider
- What is the scope of what you want them to do ?
- How do they work with you – on site, remotely or a combination of the two ?
- Do you need them to assist you in setting up your ABN, GST and PAYG registrations?
- Do you need assistance in setting up your Accounting software – do they have the capabilities to train you in it’s use?
- What is their fee structure – how do they charge?
These are but a few of the points raised in this article. Click here to learn more